BUD LIGHT LADIES PRO/AM
July 18, 2014
sponsored by Ludington Beverage Company, Proud Distributor for Anheuser-Busch products
Captains Meeting Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 7:00 pm in tent at Waterfront Park
All Captains must attend.
Entry Fee: $100 per Amateur / Pro Team
Projected Payouts: First place each division $1000
Big Fish, each division $500 - Sponsored by Ludington Beverage Company
Amount for additional cash prizes (2nd, 3rd etc) will be determined by number of registered boats and will be finalized after Captains’ meeting. Cash prize structure is based on a minimum number of boats.
Ludington Offshore Classic General Rules are also enforced for this Tournament.
- This is a Pro/Am tournament, with a Pro Division and an Amateur Division. Teams compete with boats in their division only. Pro boats are defined in the general rules and it is your responsibility to review them. Pro boats are generally defined as charter boats as well as those persons who represent or are sponsored by major fishing products. Amateurs may fish in the Pro Division but Pros may not fish in the Amateur Division.
- Tournament time - 6 a.m. – 2 p.m. Shotgun start at 6 a.m. at the Ludington Harbor.
- All boats must be back inside the Ludington pier heads by 2 p.m. If returning late, the team’s score will be penalized 10 points per minute that your boat is late. Boat numbers must be displayed to identify participants.
- Any number of crewmembers can be on a team; just don’t overload the boats. A maximum of 9 rods can be used if you have at least 3 crewmembers. At least 2 crewmembers must be women. Observers are not required.
- When the fish bites the women must remove the rods from the holder, set the hook and NET the fish. The crew can help set lines and drive. If necessary the crew may remove diver rods from holder, release from riggers and boards.
- All boats must be at least 18’ long and be equipped with a marine radio.
- No radio restrictions for this tournament.
- Five (5) best fish (State of Michigan DNR rules with at least a minimum legal length) will be brought to the weigh station. Extra or undersized fish will be disqualified and penalties applied. Remember, no more than 3 of any one species can be weighed in. For example, the maximum of 5 could be 3 salmon and 2 steelhead or 3 lake trout, 1 salmon, and 1 steelhead.
- Weigh-in will take place from noon to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, July 17th. Tournament coolers with no more than one legal limit must be at weigh-in by 3:00 p.m. Please drain cooler before weigh-in; excess water or loose ice may result in 5 lb deduction from total weight.
- TOURNAMENT SCORES – 1 point per pound and 10 points per fish, using our certified tournament scales.
- Tie Breakers – When points and pounds are used, total weight will break ties. If still tied, biggest fish will be used if that weight is available for all boats involved. If not, prize will be split. BIG FISH ONLY prizes will be split. Place prizes will be added together and then split. (for example, 2nd & 3rd places totaled, then split)
- A cash prize will be awarded for the largest fish in each division. A trophy will be awarded to the first place boat in each division and a plaque awarded for the biggest fish in each division.
- If the tournament cannot begin by 11:00 a.m., it will be cancelled. A four-hour minimum fishing time is required to complete this tournament.
This is a fun tournament. All the rules will be discussed & finalized at the Captains’ meeting.
Questions? Please call the Ludington & Scottville Chamber of Commerce at 800-783-4456