“Ruboy” Thursday Shoot-Out
July 17, 2014
One-day fun tournament, with minimal rules, keeping with the spirit of Captain Pete!
· Open to any/all boats at least 18' long and equipped with a marine radio.
· Open communication.
· No observers required, however boats and coolers are subject to inspection.
· All Michigan DNR rules apply (# of rods, bag limits, etc.)
· 6:00 a.m. shotgun start, Return to harbor by 2:00 p.m.
· Coolers must be brought to weigh station by 3:00 p.m. Please drain coolers of excess water. Foreign objects or ice found in fish will result in disqualification.
· Weigh your 5 best fish (any species, sorting permitted). Total weight of these 5 fish will determine the winners. Biggest single fish will decide ties. If still tied, prize money will be split.
· Awards ceremony at Great Lakes Ford, around 3:15 p.m.
Payouts will be based upon number of entries.
Anticipated winnings for the top three places are:
$3,000 1st Place
$1,500 2nd Place
$700 3rd Place
NEW: $500 Big Fish Prize
presented by Friends of Jerry Lee & the Ludington Area Charter Boat Association
In addition, a $1,000 donation will be made in Pete's name to the Ludington Area Charterboat Association for their annual net pen project.
For information or late registration, stop at Abrahamson Marine on Wednesday evening, July 16th. Abrahamson Marine is located just off South Washington Avenue on the north side of the bridge.
The Ruboy Tournament Weigh In and Awards Ceremony will be held at Great Lake Ford (3045 West US 10, Ludington)
As in stated in the rules: Boats must be inside the Ludington pier heads by 2:00 p.m.
You must have your cooler with your five biggest fish to Great Lakes Ford by 3:00 p.m. for the weigh in (cooler tags provided in your captain's packet). If you do not have transportation, shuttles will be available starting at 2:15 p.m. in the Waterfront Park parking lot near the tournament tents.
Great Lake Ford will be providing Free Beer & Brats to all participants at the weigh in awards party.
ELIGIBILITY: The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decline entry or participation by any person, team or boat, as deemed necessary, to ensure such things as integrity, image, reputation, financial performance and community relationships with sponsors, participants and supporting groups.