WEST SHORE BANK YOUTH CLASSIC
Friday, July 18, 2014
Captains’ Meeting Thursday July 17, 2013 - 6:00 pm at Waterfront Park Tent Site
All Captains Must Attend
Entry Fee $25 per Youth
Prize structure provided at Captain’s Meeting
- Tournament time 6 am – noon. Shotgun start at 6 am from Ludington Harbor. All boats must be inside the pier heads by noon or be disqualified.
- Any number of crewmembers can be on board; just don’t overload the boat. A maximum of 9 rods can be used if you have at least 3 crewmembers and at least 1 is a youth.
- A YOUTH IS DEFINED AS ANYONE 17 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER. You may have as many youths aboard as is safe for the boat.
- Anyone on the boat can set lines and net fish. When a fish bites anyone is allowed to remove the rod from the holder and give it to the youth but youth(s) must be the only one(s) to fight the fish and bring it boat side where it can be netted by any crew member. More than one youth may participate in catching the same fish, but only one youth can enter that fish.
- All contestants must be registered and fish from a boat. Boats will not be provided.
- All boats must be at least 18’ long and be equipped with a marine radio.
- No radio restrictions for this tournament.
- Weigh-in will be from 11 am to 1 pm on Friday, July 18th, and all coolers must be at the weigh in location by that time.
- All prizes will be awarded for largest fish based on weight. Each youth may only enter one fish and may not transfer any fish he/she caught to another contestant. If youths share a weigh-in cooler, each youth should mark their one fish in some manner to avoid confusion. No extra fish in coolers at weigh in.
- The number of entries will determine total number of prizes. In the event of a tie the position money will be added together and split.
- A trophy will be awarded to the largest fish overall determined by weight.
- If the tournament cannot begin by 9:00 am, it will be cancelled. A three hour minimum fishing time is required to complete the tournament
- Youth contestants MAY NOT fish on any boat that is registered to fish in the Ladies Classic.
REMEMBER – THIS IS A YOUTH TOURNAMENT. HAVE FUN, TEACH SPORTSMANSHIP AND PLAY BY THE RULES – YOU ARE SHAPING OUR FUTURE.
Rules will be discussed at the Captains meeting.
Any questions call Ludington & Scottville Chamber of Commerce at 800-783-4456, or 845-0324.